I sold my apartment via Amir, back in February. I was very unsatisfied with my business with Amir, due to the following reasons:
- Amir contacted me and told me he had a list of customers who would be willing to buy my apartment at a very high price at any time (which later I understood was not true), and therefore asked me to sign a contract with him in order to sell my apartment via him,
- Amir did not discuss the base price with me; he set the base price lower than my minimum expectation, but he assured me that he would be able to sell the apartment at much a higher price, which was not true in the end. In short, he set the price according to his own wish, without really asking my opinion,
- He charged 62,500 SEK for a small one-room apartment (33 kvm), where most brokers in Uppsala charge 40,000 SEK to 50,000 SEK for such a small apartment. The reason I accepted to pay that high price was that he promised to sell the apartment at a very high price, which was not true in the end.
- Despite the high fee, he did not took photographs of my apartments; he used the old photographs from the time when I had purchased the apartment.
My advice to future sellers: be very careful when a broker contacts you and tells you that they have customers for your apartment and if you want to sell your apartment via them. It is better that you go and choose your broker when you are really ready to sell your apartment.
svarar MAHDAD D
I want to thank you for taking your time to write your point of view. I respect your thoughts on this matter.
- The first meeting we had was in February 2018 and your apartment was sold in February 2019. During the first meeting I told you about a different way of preparing your apartment for a future sale, so called “up coming sale”. To summarize, we put your ad on our website and work with your apartment every day for finding the potential buyer who is ready pay a good price for your apartment. During the time your apartment was on our website as “up coming sale” I presented to you three different buyers that was ready to pay a record price (2,1’) for your apartment but you chose not to sell because it was not the right time for you.
- The day we put out the add I called you and presented to you different alternatives of base prices and explained the advantages and disadvantages with those and which base price I would recommend and why. I never decide anything, I only give recommendations and it’s always the sellers choice that I follow. I have never decided or done anything without my sellers approval and every seller I had/have can confirm that.
- The commission: Of course there are other brokers that are cheaper and I mentioned that during our first meeting. But they are not offering the same complete service and would not have presented three different buyers that would pay a record price for your apartment. But you chose not to sell for the record price at that time.
- About the photographs/pictures: I always take new photographs of the apartment. In this case you told me that you wanted to use the old pictures because you haven’t done anything with the apartment since you bought it and it looks exactly the same.
I called you November and told you that I have buyers for your apartment and you told me that you are not interested and you’re planning to sell during summer 2019. Then you called me three months later in February and told me that you have found a new potential apartment and wanted to know what you can get for your apartment and how fast it can be sold.
My recommendations to you was:
1.In this market you should sell your apartment first and then buy. In that case it is easier for you to plan your budget and don’t have to sell your apartment with a tight time table.
2.If you want to buy first and then sell, you should negotiate and put the moving day (tillträde) at least a few months forward so we can have the time to sell your apartment without any stress.
You chose not follow my recommendations and I did the best possible with the time table that was given me.
My goal is to have 100% satisfied customers, but you are obviously not satisfied with our cooperation and for that I can only apologize. I will take this with me for my future sales and get better every day.
I hope you’re enjoying your new apartment and feel free to call me if there is anything more you would like to discuss.